Lunchtime Seminar - Protecting Your Brand: Snakes and Ladders for Startups - 8 December 2015
On Tuesday 8 December J A Kemp partner Tom Albertini will be leading an informal and helpful seminar where he will discuss what startup businesses need to know regarding branding, trade marks, designs and copyright.
Compared to big businesses, startups face more acute pressures in terms of money, time and staying on the cutting edge. This means that having the right IP protection at the right time is crucial to support your business plan.
The session is aimed specifically at startups and entrepreneurs. It will cover aspects of trade marks, designs, copyright and confidential information. Questions Tom will be answering during this seminar include:
• If ideas per se cannot be protected, what can be protected?
• How do I ensure my chosen brand is available to use and protect, free from objection from third parties?
• How do I protect a brand name/logo?
• What is copyright and when does it subsist (focussing in particular on copyright issues surrounding logos)?
• How do I prove ownership?
• What should I do to ensure I own the rights if I employ a designer?
• What are design rights and how can I protect them?
• What are patents and what do they protect?
• I need to disclose my ideas and my IP rights; how do I make sure my position is protected?
• How can I exploit my IP rights to generate revenue for my business?
There will be no charge to attend this event.
Date: Tuesday 8 December 2015
Time: 12.30am – 2pm (lunch provided)
Location: 4-5 Bonhill Street London EC2A 4BX
To book a place for you or a colleague, please click here.